Sunday, July 15, 2007

Cows for a Day

Friday was Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A. If you dressed up like a cow you ate for free. Max and I met some friends at our local Chick-fil-A for breakfast. Then we headed into Target dressed as cows. Lots of interesting looks from people. From there we headed over to another Chick-fil-A for lunch. The second location was having a big party with face painting, the cows, balloon animals, and multiple contests. Max won a free car wash!

The Autistic Moment of the day was when Max had his face painted. I thought we were about to have a major breakthrough because he actually let the lady paint his face - that was amazing. However, she then handed him a mirror before I could tackle her and he saw his face and freaked out. He immediately started crying and asking for a towel while rubbing his paint off. I didn't even have time to get a picture of him before he rubbed some of it away. I did get him calmed down enough to pose with the cows while his face was still half painted and then we headed to the bathroom and took it all off. Once his face was back to normal he headed back out to the party and had a great time.

That evening for dinner I moved my spots over to Daddy's clothes and had him take Max once again. So that's right Max had an entire day of Chick-fil-A meals and we didn't pay a dime for any of our food. What a great day to be a cow!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Seriously, how do you find out about all of these things? You two stay so busy!