Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I Put Rice in My Ear

With one day left in school I get a call from the school nurse. She tells me that on the way to the bus to go home Max told his teacher that he had rice in his ear. The nurse looked in his ear and did see something but couldn't tell what and didn't feel comfortable removing it. I asked if they had done anything with rice that day and she said yes alot earlier in the day. When Max arrived home he immediately told me that he had rice in his ear. I asked does it hurt and he said no. I asked if he wanted to go see the doctor to get it out and he said yes. On our way to the doctor and while we waited we had plenty of time to talk about how rice got in his ear. Did you or someone else put it in your ear? I did. Did someone tell you to? No. Was it an accident? No, it was on purpose. Why? I don't really know. Well glad we got that one cleared up! After having every adult that he crossed paths with that day tell him that we don't put things in our ears, he was fed up by the time Daddy arrived home and told him again. So he just said WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT IT ANYMORE!

No comments: